Mormon? Single? Hilarious.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

To Tree, Or Not To Tree....

From Midwest Maggie (name made up to preserve anonymity):

The worst/most awkward being-single experience I had was when I was in college. I was 20 years old, and this guy had a huge crush on me and just WOULD NOT leave me alone. I was living in the dorms at the time, on the second floor. He kept asking me out, and I even went out with him twice - but I was just not feeling it. He was borderline creepy, and definitely had stalker-potential. Anyway, after the second time we went out he asked me out and I said no, but I was polite about it - I just told him I only saw us as friends and didn't want to lead him on. Anyway, he didn't seem to get the clue.

Outside my dorm room window was a pretty big tree. Every time I looked outside I could clearly see it.... and this guy knew it. Anyway, one day I came home from the library and looked out my window and this tree was covered - and I mean COVERED - with marshmallows. He had stuck them on all the branches and twigs and everything (thank goodnesss it was winter and there were no leaves on it, because he would have killed the tree!). AND - get this - draped right through the middle of the tree was a huge banner that was tied to the branches so it wouldn't blow off and it read: "Give this 'softie' another chance - please try to 'squish' me into your life". And then he signed his name. No joke.

Needless to say I avoided him like the plague after that. The worst thing was that he didn't come to clean up the tree after that, and it was too high for me to do anything about it without going to a lot of effort, so there was a constant reminder about this embarrassing event at my dorm. The marshmallows would slowly fall off the tree and line the sidewalk, and I had to glue my blinds shut just so I didn't have to see the banner flapping in the breeze for weeks on end until the building custodian finally took it down! Geez. Gotta love the single life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Branica